Monday 20 May 2013

Day 19 - Rest

Today has been my second day of rest of the trip, and I've enjoyed it. The last week has been a challenge, and it feels good to take a breather before moving onto the next section.

When I was planning last weeks hills, I told myself that even if things didn't go to plan, I would give myself a guaranteed rest day after Ben Lomond. As it happened, everything went well and I got 20 Munros in five days. Today I rewarded myself with a day of doing absolutely nothing while the sun beat down. I wasn't too worried about not being on a hill!

The following days will see me dart around the Southern Highlands, finishing everything I haven't done so far. As you may know, I've been a bit out-of-schedule recently, and my aim is to be back into it when I enter Atholl via. Beinn a' Ghlo.

Here's where I plan to be over the coming days:

May 21 - Ben Chonzie, Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn), Stuc a' Chroin
May 22 - Meall nan Tarmachan, Meall Ghaordaidh
May 23 - Beinn Bhuidhe, (and try Beinn Narnain, Beinn Ime to take pressure of 29th)
May 24 - Stuchd an Lochain, Meall Buidhe
May 25 - Carn Mairg 4 + Schiehallion
May 26 - Bidean nam Bian + Stob Coire Sgreamhach
May 27 - Blackmount 4
May 28 - Ben Lui + 3
May 29 - Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond) + Ben Vane

That will bring me up to 73 Munros, and the entire Southern Highlands (and a third of my Round) complete!

The heat today has been amazing to laze around in. I've been cramming as much food in as I can, and just trying to relax - it feels very odd to have to do nothing.

Anyway, I better go and prepare gear for tomorrow and get some kip. Another big stint begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment