Tuesday 7 May 2013

Day 5 - Beinn Sgulaird

Summits with views so far: 0/9
Summits with rain/snow: 9/9
Hmm, there's something wrong there! It sounds like tomorrow will rectify that a little, though, as news comes through of an unexpectedly good forecast. Tomorrow will take me over Beinn Fhionnlaidh and Sgor na h-Ulaidh in the company of Lucas, who has kindly offered to join me. The company will be good after 4 days on my own.
(Also I'd quickly like to apologise for the lack of pics this far but the weathers just been too bad to get the phone out! I've barely taken any shots on my SLR and my GoPro's been used on the tops because it's the only bombproof camera.)




Beinn Sgulaird was climbed today fast and trouble-free, and although it rained, it was of the gentle variety. I got down just minorly soaked! Having mum up for a day gave access to a car and allowed some convenience, so Sgulaird was an up-and-down from Elleric, to the west.



I'm camping in Tyndrum tonight in position for Lucas to pick me up in the morning.

I can't wait to get back to Glen Coe and begin working on those peaks. I gotta say the freedom from self-propelled opens up options everywhere, and cuts out more stress than I expected. I might go over the Aonach Eagach (or as auto-correct prefers to call it, Monarch Earache) tomorrow to take advantage of my 1-day weather window. That is sure to make an exhausting day. I'll play it by ear, and if I don't get it, there are other ways to do it once the storms return.
Otherwise I seem to be happy, healthy and eating well (and trying to get enough - it's my biggest fear). My only potential problem is that my rain-saturated shorts from Beinn Starav have created chaffing/rashes on my thighs which I'm keeping a close eye on. Ew. (But they were nearly gone today on Sgulaird. Phew.)
Anyway, have had a big meal from the ever-wonderful Real Food Cafe and ready to turn in for a hopefully sunny day tomorrow.
At last! (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment